Technology is providing some great options to help you make your event more sustainable - here are our top 5 hints:
1) Instead of giving expo and event attendees a bag full of printed collateral, offer them a digital "swag bag", with physical give-aways being limited to useful and environmentally sound branded products - keep-cups, cloths to clean reading glasses, jute bags etc.
2) Use projection mapping, which offers innovative and interactive decor and replaces much of the less sustainable single use decorations. Projection mapping also enables you to transform abandoned, outdoor and under-utilised spaces to create a unique branded experience.
3) Include the use of branded multi-use apps which enable you to personalise the experience, conduct realtime surveys, and offer networking and connection opportunities to attendees. Also consider including reusable wearables, which can help event attendees navigate to stalls and points of interest based on timetables, preferences, and ticket types.
4) Drawing up a map showing the location of tables, seating arrangements, room design and so on, then giving everyone a hard copy, is now old-school. Ditch the paper and use event diagramming apps that offer a much higher degree of accuracy, are interactive, and can be changed in real time. Do the same with your event and staff scheduling for a completely paperless experience.
5) Use technology to streamline event registration and entry - there are numerous options including apps, scanners, web based check-ins (similar to airline ticketing), facial recognition, etc. It can also be integrated into a wearable. To avoid waste printing badges that aren't used, technology now offers the option for badge printing to be triggered as part of the checkin process.